A Few Reasons to Study Abroad
- Get university credits for many courses, including some general education courses (check our course catalog online)
- Become more valuable to an employer by mastering fluency in another language.
- Immerse yourself in a foreign country and learn a new language
- Think outside the box and diversify your educational experience
- Dream bigger and expand your career opportunities
- Amplify visibility when applying for graduate programs
- Discover new skills and passions
- Enjoy awesome adventures and collect incredible personal stories
- Find the love of your life
- Study and travel for a very affordable price
- Become a world traveler
- Get in touch with your family’s ancestral roots
- Deepen your spiritual life
- Expand your horizons and become a world changer
Eligibility To Apply
- College GPA of 2.5
- Good citizenship record
- For Spanish programs only: 1 year college Spanish – or – 2 years high school Spanish (No prerequisite for summer)
- Must be currently enrolled in an Adventist institution (please contact us if you are not).
After You Apply
- If approved by your home university, they will mail us your application.
- Check your email! If accepted by ACA, we will send you an email with instructions regarding the mailing of an acceptance package with all the documents you will need.
- READ the instructions as soon as you receive them. Got questions? Email us.
What You Will Need
- A valid passport
- Possibly a visa (ACA office will provide information)
- Local currency (of host country)
- Credit card (American Express not recommended)
- Adapter plugs (Ethernet adapter for Apple products will provide a better internet connection)
- Phone charger (While traveling)
- Personal items (Appropriate clothing, Google weather of destination)
- Personal toiletries
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Backpack for weekend trips
- A good sense of humor
Items Provided on Host Campus:
- Sheets and blankets
Price of Your ACA Program Includes:
- Tuition and fees
- Room and board
- Transfer of credits
- Program organized cultural tours (includes hotels, food, tickets)
- Health insurance and travel insurance (for more information visit the “Your Insurance” page on our website)
- Pick up/drop off at airport at beginning/end of program
- Unpaid internship opportunities during the academic year
- Pocket money—most ACA academic year programs offer students some pocket money
Employees of our church and institutions in the North American Division: Please consult with your HR about your benefits. Your child may be eligible for subsidy when studying abroad.
If you need more information, please read through our 2022-2023 catalog.
Still have questions? Email us.