ACA students must have valid passports and visas to study in any academic year program. Passport applications are available in federal post offices and in many local government record offices. Depending on a student’s circumstances, it may take up to two months for students to receive a passport and another two to four months to receive a student visa from the international country. If students do not possess a passport yet, they must apply early for one to ensure documents are ready when needed. This is particularly true of students with other than Canadian or U. S. citizenship. The ACA office will notify students if they need a visa. Student visas are stamped on existing passports, so it is necessary to have a passport before applying for the visa. Protect your legal documents. ┬áDo not lose them.

IMPORTANT: Your passport should be valid up to 6 months longer than your stay abroad.