STUDENT QUIZ ANSWERS
Want to get ahead of the game? When you register to start your application, you’ll be quizzed over the following:
- I’m interested in spending a year (or a summer) abroad. What should I do first?
Talk to the ACA coordinator for your campus. They can answer many of your questions BEFORE you get started, and help you plan wisely. Don’t depend on 20/20 hindsight!
- Does it cost anything to apply to ACA?
Yes, an application fee is collected by your home school when you submit your completed forms to the Student Financial Adviser for signature.
- I’m not sure which school I’d like to attend. Can I apply for a summer or academic year program at two different schools?
No. Your application is processed through your home school and the ACA central office—NOT the foreign schools. And we only need to collect your information once. It’s not a competitive process, where you might get accepted to one international school before another.
- Could I do a summer program in one place and academic year in another?
Yes! We often have people who want to maximize their experience abroad by attending more than one school–just not at the same time! If you would like to do this, you should choose both programs on the first part of the application. The system will generate separate forms for each school. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CREATE A NEW LOGIN OR APPLICATION.
- I started an application, but changed my mind where I’d like to go. What should I do?
Call or email the ACA office. While making a firm decision is a good thing, we understand that stuff happens. The system is designed NOT to allow you to change schools/sessions once you have started your application. But we’re happy to make those changes for you if necessary. Just give us a call or an email if you want to change schools or add a session.
- The system won’t accept my password. What should I do?Use the PASSWORD RESET link. If your password doesn’t work the first or second time, please use the password reset link on the login page. (If that page says your email is not found, then you may have mis-typed your email when you registered–contact us to fix that problem.) The system will generate a random password for you, and you can choose whether to copy it down in a safe place, or make up one you can remember—just note the security requirements.
- How can I get back to my application once I’ve started?
There are several ways:
- Click the LOGIN button at the top right of any page
- Click the MY APPLICATION link on my STUDENT HOME page
- Choose MY APPLICATION from the APPLY FOR ACA menu at the top
- I completed an application, but I decided I don’t want to go abroad after all. What should I do?
Call or email the ACA office. If you let us know, we can make sure the information gets to the right people. Please be courteous to us and to our foreign school staff. They make plans based on how many students are coming.Your application will automatically be saved in our system so you don’t have so start over if you come back later.
- What do I do when I have all four pages of my application completed?
Take it to your home school’s Student Finance office. The student financial adviser will collect your admission fee and forward the application to us. Both your home school and ACA still need a paper trail, with hard-copy signed forms.
- How do I know when I’ve been accepted into my ACA program, and can start making travel plans?
The ACA office will mail your acceptance packet to you, with specific instructions about what steps to take next. If it’s been a couple of weeks since you paid your fee at the Student Finance office, you may want to 1) check with them to make sure that they notified us, then 2) call or email the ACA office to verify that everything is in order.